Sim Shalom is an interactive Online Jewish Universalist Synagogue- liberal in thought and traditional in liturgy. We are an unaffiliated and pluralistic Jewish community, evolving and organically growing. We welcome members of our community from throughout the world! We offer daily online synagogue services. Here are a few other things you should know about us:
* We are Jewish Universalist and believe that G-d equally chose
all nations to be lights unto the world.
* Jewish Universalism teaches that one’s religion is not the sole and exclusive source of truth. We reject the concept of a God that would choose a favorite child.
* We can accomplish “Tikkun Olam” by our unconditional acceptance of each other’s peaceful doctrines and through G’milut Chasadim (Acts of Loving Kindness).
* We are apolitical. We lovingly support Israel as our ancient and modern homeland. We continue to pray for peace.
* We welcome and nurture everyone in every way- into all of our rituals and into our hearts.
* Our liturgy is fully participatory- you see everything on your computer screen! And our siddurim (prayerbooks) and prayers are transliterated into English so everyone can join in joyous song and prayer.
* We have no dues or building fund.
* We are a Not For Profit 501(c)(3) Corp. and we welcome contributions.
* Rabbi Blane and a growing community of JSLI Ordained rabbis are available for all life cycle ceremonies- Weddings, Funerals, Brit Shaloms, Baby Namings, Simchat Bat’s, Bar and Bat Mitzvah training and officiating at their services.